Sunday 13 May 2012

Cheat's Healthy Peach Crumble

 
I've been trying to eat 'healthily' lately, which means that I've tried to cut down on the desserts, and sugar. In order to do this I forced myself not to buy the weekly block of butter and bag of sugar. I have to admit that this hasn't been going too well as I have such a massive sweet tooth that I literally crave sugar everyday, however I've managed to satisfy these cravings with alternative healthier concoctions. That's the story of how this crumble recipe was born, it uses no flour, butter or sugar and if you've made crumble you'll know that these ingredients are pretty much the basis of the recipe! The most important thing about crumble topping is that it's crunchy and sweet right? Well, what if you could make crumble without the classic ingredients but still get a similar flavour and texture- perfect right?! The secret is granola mixture, and the best bit is that it's even easier and quicker to make than a normal crumble!

Preparation time: 30mins
Serves: 2-3

Recipe

Ingredients:
1 can of tinned peaches
1 cup of granola (I used one with nuts in)
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line an oven proof dish with the peaches.
3. Mix the granola with the honey and ground spices.
4. Sprinkle the granola mixture over the peaches.
5. Bake for 20-25mins till the granola browns slightly.
6. Serve warm with custard or ice-cream.



A post from Fullest of Life




No comments:

Post a Comment